Tuesday, August 28, 2007

OC Moms

Welcome to the OC Moms blog page!

This page has been set up for the benefit of the Encouragment for Moms of Young Children class at Otter Creek. In this class we will read through and discuss the book, Professionalizing Motherhood, by Jill Savage. I read this book for the first time in 2003 and found much needed encouragement in its pages. I enjoyed the book so much that I helped to facilitate a class using this book in Texas (where we lived at the time) in 2004. There was a great turnout for the class and we had a lot of fun.

I will confess that this whole "blog world" is something very new for me. But, I'm excited about the opportunity for all of us to share our thoughts here as we read chapter by chapter through this book. When we meet on Wednesday nights we will have a lot to cover in a little amount of time.

My hope is that this blog page can serve in the following ways:
  • A place to share our thoughts and feelings about what we are reading in the book
  • A place to ask for advice from other Moms who have walked/are walking a similiar road
  • A place to share blessings - precious kid moments, wonderful Mommy moments, organizational tips, favorite places to take kids or go on a date, favorite books you've read or Bible studies you've done, ways you see God working in your life, etc. etc.
  • A place to share prayer requests and struggles
  • Great links to helpful websites
My greatest prayer and the desire of my heart is that God will use me, my co-facilitators, and this book for His purposes and according to His plan. I've given this class to Him. If you are reading this blog then He has put it on your heart to check out this class and this book. :)

Hope to see you next Wednesday. Check back often!

Cynthia

1 comment:

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

Looks great, Cynthia!

This will be a great place for us to share! :)